Medical and pharmaceutical industries are known to have high production rates. The various medicines and devices need to be fed consistently in order to meet the requisite number of orders. Also, the entire process needs to be clean and sterile. There are a variety of production techniques that can be used to support these tasks. One of the best techniques to use is a vibratory feeding system.
Benefits of Vibratory Feeders in Medical and Pharmaceutical Applications
Vibratory feeders,their components and functions can provide numerous benefits to medical and pharmaceutical production lines.
- The Bowl:Vibratory bowls are an extremely economical solution for the parts feeding process.The bowl can be fabricated using aluminum or stainless steel to meet the health and cleanliness criteria of the FDA. Generally, one will find vibratory bowls constructed from 304 or 316 grade stainless steel. They can be designed as step or cascade bowls to suit the setup of a particular production line. Depending on his requirement, the customer can request for only external or internal tracks or both for precise part feeding.
- The Feeder: In pharmaceutical applications, the main function of the feeder is to maintain and regulate constant material throughput, help introduce the required ingredients in their proper order, andensure data collection and acquisition for process validation.A huge benefit is that multiple feeders can be used to introduce and balance several ingredients based on weight. Thus, the feeder is able to provide benefits of stability and consistency.
- Additional Beneficial Features: Some of the other benefits that can be availed with vibratory feeders include:
- Faster production and delivery
- FDA approved coating for additional protection
- Minimal noise creation
- Additional components like drawers, pits, rails, and wipers can be attached to the bowl feeder
There are also a few common benefits that can be accrued by choosing vibratory feeders. These are automated machines; the automated process allows for the accurate choosing and orientation of parts. Vibratory feeders can be used for long periods of time, and require minimal human assistance.
As one can see, vibratory feeders can be the perfect solution for production lines in medical and pharmaceutical industries.